Morrissey Law + Advisory (MLA) provides high quality commercial and corporate legal services primarily to the construction and infrastructure sectors.
MLA’s key objectives are:
- Delivering high quality, practical and innovative legal services;
- Build beneficial relationships with our clients and becoming their trusted legal advisors and collaborating with our clients to develop tailored solutions to their legal requirements;
- Maintaining and developing a high performing team and culture, ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees and providing them with the opportunity for personal and professional development;
- Continuous improvement and development of our business systems;
- Operating our business with a focus on sustainability and with the aim of doing no harm and benefiting all.
To achieve this, MLA will operate and deliver legal and advisory services through a Quality Management System (QMS) that complies with ISO 9001:2015 and is capable of allowing MLA to be certified as a B Corp.
It is the responsibility of all MLA team members to continuously contribute to the development and improvement of the QMS and identify opportunities to improve.
The QMS is implemented through the following key strategies:
- Attracting and retaining high-performing, suitably qualified, and experienced employees who understand and engage with the QMS;
- By working on strategies to identify and diagnose client needs and requirements and having systems and processes in place that allow creative, value-based legal and advisory services to be designed, developed and delivered which allows MLA to develop its client relationships;
- Encouraging and facilitating the personal and professional development of employees and accountability for the quality of their work;
- Developing, implementing and encouraging a team culture that focuses on safety, well-being and an enthusiasm to learn
- Establishing, maintaining, monitoring and continuing improving policies and procedures that support work environment and delivery of legal services and support the strategic direction of the business, and which do no harm;
- Ensuring compliance with our legislative and regulatory obligations and our overriding duty to the Court.
MLA will review and update this policy every 2 years or as otherwise required.
Approved by MLA Directors on 12 August 2021