Hamish calls on his expertise in all aspects of construction and commercial law to develop valuable relationships with his clients and provide them with effective legal solutions and commercial outcomes.
Hamish acts for builders, civil infrastructure firms, subcontractors, home builders and building industry professionals on all matters including: dispute resolution, contracts, adjudication, litigation & other commercial & construction issues.
In addition to his dispute resolution and construction advisory work, Hamish also has experience in the development and property sector.
Hamish works closely with contractors, subcontractors, developers and owners. His recent experience includes;
- Advising major contractors around structuring their employment operations;
- Preparing and negotiating construction and development contracts;
- Acting in the Supreme Court on a multi-million dollar liquidated damages claim;
- Appearing for owners and builders in residential contract disputes in NCAT, the District Court and the Supreme Court;
- Advising developers on structure, risks and associated issues in regards to various residential and commercial developments;
- Structuring for start-ups across the professional services, hospitality, construction and resources industries; and
- Advising professional services firms and contractors around adjudication under the Security of Payment legislation, including complicated defect and variation claims.